During this week, there hasn't been anything worth wild to talk about since its been the same old routine. Although, routine... a word you would think that pertains to dull and boring (which it is in most cases) might actually have its quirks. I have a co-worker who is in his 60s. A Dominican man who hardly speak any English that in my opinion, has been apart of this form of 'Awakening.' In affiliation with my challenge as to control my temper, he often told me something that for some reason I kept over-looking... actually something that everyone has told me but I ignored. That being angry is such a waste of energy and time. He told me his current situation about his blood pressure and how it might be his demise one day since he is so old. He instead tries to focus his anger and frustration towards things that are positive in his life. Stress is definitely a sickness that can take seconds, maybe minutes from your life. So I've been practicing his method and trying to focus that form of energy into something else more healthy and productive and so far its been successful.
Social-networking. I found out during this long duration of actually not even checking such a thing, might be pointless after all. Besides the fact that you are able to connect to lost family, friends, and loved ones... It is definitely not a necessity to be inclined into checking it every breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Besides, what's wrong with calling someone to check up on them? I mean its more intimate that way than anything else. Now on the topic of eliminating bread from my diet, I miss it due to its portability for a lunch or a snack. Other then that, I have become more savor-able towards the food that I eat and it has worked wonders.
Now... besides these challenges and the effect it has done with my 'routine' I must say, it has nothing to do with what has erupted these past few days. I have realized that I was living a dream all this time, a form of inception I realized I was in for a while now. As some people may know, Life and Love are not far apart as some people may think. We live Life in order to find something we Love about it. I have endeavored for a while now to find something or someone I Love. Yet the concept of reality kicks in. This time however, it has not been disappointing.
I have fallen in love with someone who is completely out of the blue and also out of the loop. I told her how I felt, and as a bold person would do, tell me exactly what she felt. Was it the answer I was looking for? Yes and No. She told me she didn't feel the same which reinforced my position back into what stands behind all Love... Hope. At First, it was hope that she would feel the same for me one day. Then out of thin air, my mind and my heart just snapped*. Instead, I have hope to feel for someone as much as I do her. My co-worker asked me, "Why did you completely change the way you eat and why are you trying to give up liquor when you go out with your friends?" I responded with something I never thought I would say. "Because if I ever get married or find someone I truly love, I want to live as long as I can so I can be with her." I never in a million years thought that I would ever say such a thing. I came across a great quote that has opened my eyes in this situation.
A man only needs one thing in life. He just needs someone to love*. If you can't give him that, then give him something to hope for. And if you can't give him that, just give him something to do*.
I'm glad that is something she did for me.To finally close this up. 'routine' isn't always such a horrible thing if you can just stop for 2-3 seconds to listen, hear, smell, see, and feel what is around you. Once you have mastered this concept, everyday will actually BE a NEW day. For Life, Love, and Hope... once you find something and someone you truly Love and Loves you back, you will find that every day of your life, whether routine or not, will be worth waking up too. So until then folks, until then... ;)
You said that to your co-worker and didn't get snuffed? :P naaiiice.
ReplyDelete